Regina Public has partnered with the United Way to promote attendance matters. Part of this initiative includes division wide attendance tracking, common attendance letters and messaging, and attendance incentives. We are aiming for a school wide attendance between 96% and 100%. Our September attendance was 94%. Families of students with less than 91% attendance will be receiving attendance letters. We hope together we can work to achieve our attendance goals of 96% and greater! #dontmissaday
Chronic Absence: less than 91%
Warning Signs: 92% – 95%
Good Attendance: 96-100 %
Did you know?
- Missing 10 percent (or about 18 days per year) can make it harder to learn to read.
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two every few weeks.
- Being late to school leads to poor attendance.
- Being late seriously affects learning, especially if students miss the same class every day.
- Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
- Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school – and themselves.